Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Challenge of "Things other women like that I don't get"

Maybe I'm just a little too butch. Maybe I'm just too Western. Maybe, just maybe, I don't like shoes as much as other women. But for whatever reason, I can't stand most of the shows that other women in my demographic like. Examples would be Desperate Housewives and Sex and the City.

It's not that I don't enjoy quality entertainment. It's just that I don't understand the allure of these shows. I've watched a few episodes of both, well, snippets really, but I don't get it.

So this next challenge is less about fear and more about extreme annoyance and dislike. Jackie has promised to find me a really funny episode of Sex in the City that is supposed to involve lesbians and humor. Well, that's better than shoe shopping, I suppose.

This will be happening soon, so wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. i don't like those shows much either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree those are not my favorites. I like the medical dramas imagine that

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a healer, so it's not that surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister made me watch the movie... the best part of that was when the lady pooped her pants!

    ReplyDelete