Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Second Challenge

I realize that calling my attempts to overcome fears challenges makes it sound like I'm participating in the Triwizard Tournament like Harry Potter. Bear with me. There are no dragons, merpeople, or He-who-must-not-be-named in my blog.

My second challenge is to overcome my fear of anime. I am more afraid of anime than raw chicken, partly because raw chicken is almost completely avoidable. Anime turns up nearly everywhere.

So, a bit about anime. I do not care about the difference between manga and anime, nor do I care about the reasons why people love it so much. Don't argue with me about the value of anime - my argument against it is that I don't like faces made mostly of eyes and screamed phrases like "It is time for the war of the weasel to begin!"

So, as far as anime goes, I choose to watch the best. Normally I would opt to go for the worst to tackle the full range of fear, but I want to have a chance to enjoy myself. I'm choosing the movie Princess Mononoke.

4 comments:

  1. if you enjoy Princess Mononoke, you may also like some of Miyazaki's other works, such as My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Nausica and the Valley of the Wind, and Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's is my fave!)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how was the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have you watched the movie yet... and I must disagree with you: there are dragons, merpeople, and He-who-must-not-be-named in your blog as you mentioned them all in the first paragraph of this post thereby placing them in you blog. Just a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you. Damn you Amy Bookless.

    By the way, I'm now mid-fifth book with Jim Dale.

    ReplyDelete